The Off-Campus Student Management Unit is a unit established under the Student Affairs Division to manage matters pertaining to the off campus students welfare and development and their well-being.
This unit is responsible for :
- Establishing and continuously update the Off-Campus Students database.
- Making continuous mapping study regarding the distribution of Off-Campus Student accommodation.
- Assisting in providing house/room-to-rent directory for Off-Campus Students.
- Organizing a dialogue session between Off-Campus Students with the local community and local authorities such as police and fire brigade.
- Establishing Off-Campus Student Action Committee as a liaison between the off-campus students with Student Affairs and University management.
- Providing home visits and regular monitoring of welfare and students’ issues.
- Encouraging and assisting the Off-Campus Students to participate in community programs in their neighborhoods.
- Helping disseminate information on Off-Campus students who have difficulties (financial problems, logistics, furniture and advice) to those responsible.
- Conducting personality development programs to Off-Campus students for their well-being, including safety, financial management, training and others.
- Reviewing, certifying and presenting Off-Campus student needs to the management of the University of Malaya.
- Enhancing the Off-Campus student involvement in student body’s activities and the activities organized by the University of Malaya.