We would like to welcome the new Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students to the University of Malaya and a delightful thanks to all of you for making our beloved varsity as your first choice of higher learning. We know that finding the right place to live during your time studying at University of Malaya is extremely important. Our accommodation will allow you to enjoy your time with us in safe, welcoming and sociable surroundings. University of Malaya will quickly turn to be your new home from your own home. But, we also would like to inform you that we only serve a fully furnished room at Residential Colleges on the campus for Undergraduate Students. While for Postgraduate Students, you need to find an alternative way to get your cosy room within off the campus although you can still apply and get a chance to stay on campus if there is any availability and vacancy offered for you.

Undergraduate Student

For Undergraduate Students, we would like to inform you that on your first year of education term, you will be eligible automatically to accommodate our Residential Colleges as soon as you become one of our family members at the University of Malaya. As a guaranteed tenants, you need to grab this opportunity to be an active student at college, university, national or even international level in order to gain the merit points.

For your information, all merit points which had been collected by your participated activities will definitely support your application to secure your place at any On Campus Accommodation for the next semester. You may check the application on your official student account at MyUM and proceed to apply your accommodation for the next session. As for second year and above, you need to compete with other students so as to get your place secured for the next term by raising up your merit points before proceed to apply your next placement at any Residential College.

What happened if you get to know that you not meet our eligibility applicants to occupy at our On Campus Accommodation? Don’t get worry because we also provide you a list of Off-Campus Accommodation below to check the vacancies at any places with the given contact numbers or just simply click at their official website to deal with.

Last but not least, for applicants who had diagnosed with disabilities, we will give all possible support to help disabled students so as to secure their future accommodation for the next session which best suits their needs. Plus, you may also directly contact Za’ba Residential College at 03 – 7967 3420 if you need further information about disabled students’ accommodation and facilities offered for them. For your additional information, local Undergraduate students are charged with a nominal amount of RM 6.50 to RM 20.00 per day. 

Postgraduate Student

For Postgraduate Students, if you are interested to apply for our On Campus Accommodation, we would like to suggest you our homelike Residential Colleges. You may apply for them directly at the official office of Residential College the one you interested the most. To ease your matters, please proceed to the On Campus Accommodation list to take a look at the available Residential Colleges to accommodate.

You also may call the Residential College Official Office through the contact number given below in order to check the vacancies before making a direct application to secured your place. Besides, if there weren’t any vacancies at On Campus Accommodation, please don't worry because we also give you a multiple choices at Off Campus Accommodation so as to seek your private rented place to live nearby the campus.

In addition, you also may apply at our International House and it’s good to know that priority will be given to International Students who single or being accompanied by a partner or family. But, it is important to note that your approval application only depend on vacancies and NOT guaranteed to be approved if the accommodation has been fully occupied. For your additional information, residential fees for Postgraduate and international students are slightly higher depending on the room chosen and may be charged between RM 15.00 to RM 70.00 per day.


For both of Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, you can still apply your accommodation at our Residential Colleges if there are any vacancies available for you.

How to apply On Campus Accommodation for Undergraduate Student?

  1. You need to contact them by the given contact numbers and check if there is any vacancy open for anyone whom interested to apply.
  2. Make an application through MyUM.

How to apply On Campus Accommodation for Postgraduate Student?

  1. You need to contact them by the given contact numbers and check if there is any vacancy open for anyone whom interested to apply.
  2. Write an application letter to the Master of any Residential College which you are interested to stay at based on their vacancies availability.

 But, it is important to note that your approval application only depend on vacancies and NOT guaranteed to be approved if the accommodation has been fully occupied.

 1.  Asrama Tuanku Abdul Rahman Residential College 03 - 7956 8922
 2.  Tuanku Bahiyah Residential College 03 - 7954 3603
 3.  Tuanku Kurshiah Residential College 03 - 7956 8821
 4.  Bestari Residential College 03 - 7956 7591
 5.  Dayasari Residential College 03 - 7956 7948
 6.  Ibnu Sina Residential College 03 - 7960 1468
 7.  Za'ba Residential College 03 - 7956 7946
 8.  Kinabalu Residential College 03 - 7955 8528
 9.  Tun Syed Zahiruddin Residential College 03 - 7957 3336
 10.  Tun Ahmad Zaidi Residential College 03 - 7955 0573
 11.  Ungku Aziz Residential College 03 - 7954 0806
 12.  Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah Residential College 03 - 7957 7367

Besides, we also can give you a lot of suggestions as an alternative way to find your own comfy room to accommodate based on your own budget. Here, we offer  you a list that you can directly contact for your accommodation matters. Any students, who are interested to rent a house/room, may directly contact the owners of the property as advertised in the directory and may deal further with them to get the best reasonable rental amount. But, it is important to note that University of Malaya is NOT to be held responsible for any misuse of the information in the directory by any irresponsible party.

 1. International House
Priority given to international students whom are single or accompanied by a partner or family.
03 - 7875 0063
 2. MAHSA University - Jalan University Campus (JUC) 
How to go there by car? CLICK HERE
How to go there by walking? CLICK HERE
 03 - 7965 2555
 3. South View Bangsar South Serviced Apartment 
How to go there by car? CLICK HERE
 03 - 9212 5711
 4.  The OAK Student Suites Ara Damansara  011 - 2328 8688
 5.  Saville @The Park, Pantai (Condominium) 011 - 20093543 
 6.  Hostel Hunting  03 - 2201 1125
011 - 3702 1788
 7.  Mudah.my  -
 8.  Ibilik.my  -
 9.  Iproperty.com  -
 10.  Tiara Damansara (Female Only) 018 - 227 3591








Kg. Kerinci Area
Pantai Dalam Area

RM 800 – RM 1000

RM 1500 – RM 2000

RM 2500 – RM 3000

Flat (3 rooms)

Apartment (3 rooms)

Condominum - air conditioned

Fully furnished

Bangsar Area

RM 1500 – RM 2000

RM 1500 – RM 2000

Apartment(3 rooms)

Terrace house


Section 12, 14, 16, 17,
SS 2,

RM 1600 – RM 2000

RM 1400 – RM 1800

Condominum(3 rooms)

Terrace house





It's a good way to start your semester at University of Malaya with our latest facilities and services, Japan Apartment. Here, we would like to present you our new apartment that can be rented in case if you are looking forward to our off-campus accommodation.

In Japan Apartment, you will share your home with another 6 tenants who are going to be your housemates for one session of current academic calendar. It will just look like you are living in residential colleges but with a little bit extras of special advantages. Besides, you are also allowed to cook but in this apartment, you will be living in self-catered accommodation.

But, we would like to remind you the vacancies offered just for UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT (Second Year and above) only as the limited availability of each unit of house in Japan Apartment. We will take 18 boy tenants for 3 unit of houses and 24 girl tenants for 4 unit of houses. Glad to know that we also will be looking forward to open more vacancies in the future.


For our fees, you will be charged RM350 per person for a month. But, we could assure you that will be good because the fees has covered for a monthly Water Bill. We also would like to inform you that the fees will not covered for Electric Bill. Thus, you will need to pay your Electric Bill by your own.


For your information, you will get a lot of advantages just like student in residential colleges at our on-campus accommodation. You are assured of your internet connection in each unit of apartment with UM WiFi because we know you cannot live with internet nowadays. Besides, you are allowed to cook at the kitchen in our self-catered accommodation.

As an addition, you also will get a single bed with mattress, sharing study tables and chairs at living room and dining hall. Last but not least, two bathrooms are equipped with toilet and shower which attached at your bedroom for your own cozy.


KPS UM - Japan Apartment

Picture2 Picture3


If you are interested with our services and offers for Japan Apartment, you can make your application through the given link below and if you want to have further information, you can directly contact our person in charge. Here, we also would like to inform you that the approval of your application is subject to availability and vacancy of unit of house/room in Japan Apartment.

How to apply? Just CLICK HERE !

Thank you for your continued support to Accommodation Section, Student Affairs Division University of Malaya. Have a nice day!

Rozaini Abd Rahim
Mr. Rozaini Abdul Rahim
 Head of Section
 Senior Assistant Registrar
 03-7967 3509

 Mohd Hairil Zainal Abidin
Mr. Mohd Hairil Zainal Abidin
 Administrative Officer
 03-7967 3548

Norhaniza Supaat
Mrs. Norhaniza Supaat
Administrative Assistant
03-7967 3563